Emily J. Johnson was born in Alton, Illinois and is a 1998 graduate of Marquette Catholic High School. Ms. Johnson received her B.A. in economics from Washington University in St. Louis in 2002 and her J.D. from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 2005.
Ms. Johnson is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Missouri. Her practice focuses on civil litigation including personal injury and commercial litigation. She also has significant experience in the areas of municipal law, administrative proceedings, real estate contracts and litigation, estate planning and probate, school discipline hearings, employment law and business organization.
Ms. Johnson serves as an arbitrator for the Madison County, Illinois Circuit Court’s mandatory arbitration program. Ms. Johnson has previously served as the President of the Alton-Wood River Bar Association and the Vice President of Junior League of Greater Alton.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- J.D. - 2005
- Washington University , St. Louis, Missouri
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: Economics
- Stobbs & Sinclair Ltd., Associate, 2005 to 2008
- Madison County Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- Alton-Wood River Bar, President, 2010
- Alton-Wood River Bar, 2005 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Commercial / Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Municipal Law
- Administrative Law
- Illinois, 2005
- Missouri, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2014
- Emerging Lawyers - Leading Lawyers Under 40
- Illinois SuperLawyers Rising Star 2015- Current